If a member of a mandatory pension fund dies prior to retirement, family members are entitled to the family pension under the Pension Insurance Act. Total capitalized funds from the account of that member will be transferred to the Croatian Pension Insurance Institute and will be assigned to family members.
The Croatian Pension Insurance Institute will determine the family pension based on the total retirement age of the deceased, as if the deceased was only insured in the pay-as-you-go mandatory pension insurance system.
If a member of the mandatory pension fund dies prior to retirement and family members are not entitled to a family pension under the Pension Insurance Act, the total capitalized funds in the account of the deceased are a subject of inheritance, in accordance with the Inheritance Act.
Inheritance - What to Do?
The required documentation for the payment of inheritance should be submitted to Regos, Gajeva 5, 10 000 Zagreb:
- the original or certified copy of the legal order of inheritance, issued by the court / public notary in the Republic of Croatia, in which the aforementioned second pillar funds are listed;
- inheritance payment claim (document)
- statement from the bank on the IBAN construction of the account of the inheritor.
Request for inheritance payment
An inheritance payment claim may be submitted to Regos in free form and must contain the following elements:
- name and surname of the deceased person;
- MBG / PIN (OIB) of the deceased person;
- name and surname of the applicant;
- PIN (OIB) of the applicant;
- account of the heir in IBAN form;
- date of submission of the claim;
- a personally signed claim.
The procedure for payment of inheritance lasts between 15 and 20 days, if the submitted documentation is in order (above: order, claim and statement from the bank on the IBAN).